Wednesday, February 6, 2013

J'apprends les formes et les couleurs

J'apprends les formes et les couleurs par Hachette $1.99


This app is adorable! Designed for very young kids but I can see my Core French students getting a kick out of it. On the first screen, you decide if you want to practice "Formes" or "Couleurs":


"Usine" on the top is to practice both "Formes" and "Couleurs". Once you have chosen one, a bunch of little creatures appear on your screen moving around:


A voice commands you to pick a colour or a shape, and that's when the fun begins!


In this activity, you are supposed to drag the candies of the colour/shape you chose and drag it into the creature's mouth. He makes eating noises as he gobbles up the candies and says things like "J'adore les bonbons!".

There are interactive activities like colouring and drawing the shapes:



In the "Usine", you are instructed on making candies by following directions:


My only criticism is that I wish there were more of a selection of activities. There are four that are repeated over and over again in the "Couleurs" and "Formes" sections, and in the "Usine" section, four more activities that are repeated over and over again. It's fun at first but I can see how it might get boring after a while.

But overall, I had a lot of fun playing with this app. I love the cute creatures, the funny voices, and interactive exercises. A very positive experience. I suspect that all apps created by Hachette-Livre will be of a similar good quality and I will probably review a few more.




Below is a quick video of this app:



My rating: 4 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment